Template pink

Monday, July 9, 2012

Wedding on a Dime

Invitations were 40.00 but had a 50% off coupon
from Michael's so they were 20.00 for 40.00
The invites were beautiful but I wanted 
make them unique.
I personalized each invite by adding clip art of a tree
with hearts.  
All the little touches make a difference.
I used a wax stamper to seal each invite.




I purchased the flowers from Trader Joes
Irises were only 3.00 a bunch and roses were
15.00 for 2 dozen at Costco.

 Set Up
Food
it was purchased at Costco...it was a
simple shrimp tray
soup and sanwiches
as well as a self made fruit & veggie tray from produce
from Aldi
It was about 100.00 total for all the food items

 Mums were purchased for the tables from my Aunt.
It was not my choice but since it was 
for my brother's Wedding I rolled with it. 

Candles were clearance from left over valentines day decor
They were 10.00 for 20 but Michael's sells packs of 10 for 10
don't forget your coupon!
very cheap tea lights from Ikea as well as candle holders.
I owned chair covers and table cloths for him to borrow
but you can usually rent them for 3.00 each or craigslist
or even purchase them from 
for the same cost as renting and them sell them 
when you are done with them.

 We bought this tulle from Michales for $10 each roll 
and used 3 rolls
Another Idea is to use 1" robbon from Costco's Craft section
You get 50 yds for $6-7 bucks. 

Use about 2 yards per chair to tie a proper ribbon

Ceremony Site
 The ceremony was a quiet one help in a quiet ridge overlooking 
Minnehaha falls in Minneapolis

Lucky for my brother, my Aunt was clergy and did the 
ceremony for free
Reception Site

We found a newly renovated room with large windows overlooking
The lake.  It included a kitchen for our "Caterers" to prepare the food.

Programs
 Another self print option from the 
"Brides Collection" at Michale's
30.00 for 20 and of course we cad a coupon
for 40% off

Finally the cake.
Luckily for my brother, I do cakes 
so I made it for him as his gift

Pictures were taken by my husband so they were 
free but you can get a friend to do them 
by looking at photography websites to see good angles
and get good ideas for shots.
Renting a great camera is also another option
Check your internet for camera shots and
get some recommendations from their staff 
for what is best to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment